A.I.O. = ALL IN ONE
A.I.O. stands for “All In One” and those shapes look like if they were forged in another time!
Exactly this is what PATRIK stands for and we could not be prouder that in Germany they are praised as the “Tesla of wing boards”!
As a shaper and designer Patrik can leave nothing to chance and to ride everything what he designs and feel what is really needed is his strength.
To be able and understand every shape line even on the smallest board size 4’6” with only 35 litres Patrik also showed his persistence on the water and pushed himself to the limits while drifting shoulder deep in a cold Swiss mountain lake for 1 ½ hour refusing every help from other riders and rescue boats.
Patrik: “It was really the most challenging moment since a very long time! I hated myself to weight 94kg – my shoulder injury from last year was painful and I was mad at mother nature for the fluky wind! I promised myself to at least fly once or come back at dark and looks like mother nature wanted me to stop swearing and I got my run after all “smiley”!”
Those innovative all-in-one boards are built to last!
Those boards can be used for all sorts of foil sports from surfing to tow-in, wake, SUP, Wing and in the two windsurf options also windsurf. An innovative two-step side shape gives the board unique stability and maneuverability.
The full-carbon sandwich PVC construction makes those boards really stiff and consecutively very high performance. On the A.I.O. you feel your foil like you have never felt it before.
We decided to give you really all the options with our A.I.O. range that is why all the boards have both fin box options the Foil deep turtle and also the US plate system.
The A.I.O. is a perfect tool for all dedicated watermen to get the highest performance!
Normally construction comes at last but while shapes can be claimed to be “the best” from everyone the construction is a fact and reflects the price and the brands’ philosophy! To go through quick learning steps, improve skills and to win competitions the stiffer the board and foil the better it is and any other statement is most probably related to marketing. As the only brand worldwide being able to produce “One-Shot-Monocoque” hollow windsurf boards (AIRINSIDE) we implemented our knowledge also to our EPS boards. With a full Deck-Rail-Bottom PVC Sandwich with full Deck-Rail-Bottom Carbon wrap and the exclusive Pre-Preg Carbon/Honeycomb Mast-track & Deep Tuttle Foil Box (depending on the model) and the exclusive Monocoque reinforcements, we are easily leading today’s construction methods for this sport.
We know there is boards being sold for very low prices all around the market, but our concern is how long will they last. After the full wing season in Australia quite much has been learned how softer constructions handle stress of the riders and landings. Whoever has a higher understanding in composite technology and a decent knowledge for foil boarding knows that a board construction without PVC is not suitable for any rider – not even for the beginner.
1) Stiffness & lightweight are the key words to learn fast and to perform at best in competition.
2) Static load is the killer of any foil board.
3) Impact is a standard for any learner and pro who wants to get better.
It is a fact that any construction without a PVC sandwich shell wrapped all around the board is simply to save money. The feedback from repair shops around the world are also straight forward – “Any construction without PVC sandwich will not last more than a few month – no matter if Carbon or not!”
- 4’6” / 5’0” / 5’1”: With the three smaller sizes we are covering Wing-Foil, Surf-Foil, Wake-Foil and Tow-In-Foil.
- 5’2”: Also covering Wing-Foil, Surf-Foil, Wake-Foil and Tow-In-Foil but additionally also to be used for advanced Foil-SUP.
- 5’9” / 6’6” and 5’9”-WS / 6’6”-WS: The wider width is eliminating the possibility to Surf-Foil but it opens up the range of use with Foil-SUP and windsurfing for the “WS” models.
- Rail: For the 4’6”/5’0”/5’1” we designed a “step rail” for a good grip while duck diving and to reduce the volume to be able and sink the board for more stability when it is rough and windy. It is hard to kneel on a board when it is wavy and the narrow shape also permits low flying tight turns with a shorter mast when it is shallow. The other sizes have a flat-beveled nose entry to reduce drag and avoid the water sucking up the rail. The round boxy rail throughout the middle of the board gives the most volume close to the bottom and makes the shape stable to kneel on it.
- Cutouts: For easier and quick take-off the trick is to find the right reduction of tail volume to sink and position the front wing with a better angle of attack. The sharp edges around the tail are essential to have clean water flow release and reduce the drag when increasing/maintaining speed gliding on top of the water for take-off and touch down.
- Bottom Shape: After testing, we choose less concave depth to avoid the board dragging through the water too much. We, therefore, compromised a bit softer touch-down against quicker take-off, more acceleration and speed, and less drag with more release after touch down.
- EVA (Deck Pad): A full deck EVA with an indicated bump to quickly see and feel the center of the board.
- Finbox: No matter if you choose to shred waves, pull freestyle moves, compete in races or simply cruise along we offer on all our sizes the Deep-Tuttle Foilbox and the 10” US-Tracks.
- Inserts: With so many different foil setup options the feet position is crucial and with 68 possible holes at the front foot and 22 holes at the back foot we offer any strap position needed.
- Leash Plug & Fin-Handle: Secure your board with a wrist- or leg-leash attached to the leash plug at the tail. For strength & performance reasons we offer a Grab-Handle-Fin to carry the board which is fixed with the “FCS-System” on the bottom of the board (size 5’2” and bigger).